ADULT EYE EXAM
If it’s been more than a year or two since your last eye exam, please book an appointment at our office. Regular eye exams are a key part of maintaining your visual health. Our central Greenwood office is equipped with today’s latest technologies- we provide comprehensive, non-invasive eye exams.
An Eye Exam Takes Under a Half Hour. If it’s your first time at our office, please arrive approximately 10 minutes before your appointment so we can take care of some paperwork and get your medical/vision insurance on file.
Before you meet with an optometrist, an optometric technician will take a few images of your eye using our digital retinal camera and OCT equipment. They will also perform a few other tests that will approximate your corrective lens prescription and determine your visual field.
- Corneal topography, where a detailed map of the curvature of your cornea is taken
- Ocular coherence tomography, which takes an image of your retina and optic nerve
- Retinal photography, which clearly indicates the presence of vision-changing illnesses or developments
- Optometrist Testing & Consultation
Once you’ve completed your preliminary testing, you will then be joined by your optometrist- either Dr. Armstrong, or Dr. Prather. They will perform a few more intricate tests and discuss their findings with you.
- Slit lamp exam, which looks at the cornea and inner eye. Floaters and other visual indicators of health are assessed by the doctor during this test.
- Diopsys, which measures the nerve function between the eye and the brain.
- Tonometry, which measures eye pressure
- A visual acuity test, which measures the quality of your vision
Appointment Follow Ups
If necessary, we will book a follow up appointment. This may be to fit your eyes for contact lenses (if you’re interested in wearing contacts) or perform additional tests.
Options for Vision Correction
Our optical dispensary is well-stocked with hundreds of frames. We’ve hand-picked over a dozen stylish brands from the most sought-after eyewear brands all over the world. Our opticians will prepare your prescription lenses and help you choose a great pair of frames that suit your style and budget.
Contact lenses are a great choice for many Americans. Once you find the right fit, they can be so comfortable that you almost forget you’re even wearing them. Learn more and schedule a contact lens fitting.
Laser Eye Surgery
By reshaping the cornea and correcting the refractive error that causes impaired vision, laser refractive surgery restores visual clarity and eliminates the need for prescription lenses. Millions of Americans have had laser eye surgery, with a success rate of more than 95%.